Monday, June 22, 2015

Midnight blue smokey eyes


Instagram post of this look
This is actually pretty simple look once you know the "trick" of making basic smokey eyes.
I started with applying creamy black shadow as a base all over my eyelid towards brow bone. You can use soft black kohl pencil as well - whatever works for you. The idea is to create sticky black base so the black shadow will be very intense and it won't crease nor move. Then I applied neutral beige-brown shadow into the crease in order to blend hard edges created by creamy black shadow. Then I applied white matt shadow under my brows to highlight the area. Then I applied matt black shadow onto sticky base I applied earlier with creamy shadow. Then I applied black kohl eyepencil into my lower lashline and afterwards I applied same matt black shadow on top of it. I spend a while blending the black shadow in order to get rid of all harsh line and to make it "smokey". Then I used very beautiful lilac pigment on top of the matt black shadow in order to add more color. I was very precise in inner corners and I applied into 2/3rds of the top and bottom lid. It turned out to be more purple/blue because of black shadow underneath. I finished off with plenty of mascara.
Rest of the face was my basic routine - primer, MAC pro longwear concealer, powder, light contouring and black brows. I used neutral pinky/taupe lipstick.

No comments:

Post a Comment