Saturday, June 27, 2015

Gothic purple eyes & plum lips



I started with creating black creamy base.
I have used kajal black pencil from L'Oréal for this purpose because it is very soft and creamy.

First I applied it all over my lid and then I blended it with my fingers. It is pretty tricky to make it even and smooth but it doesn't have to be perfect at this stage. Important thing is to have black base same height on both eyes.
When I was done with base, I applied dark grey/black matte shadow into my crease and outer-V. I blended it with medium brown matte shadow.
Then I applied white matte shadow under my brows to highlight the area.
Then I moved on to the fun part - applying plum pigment. I used flat stiff brush and I pressed the pigment on my lid in order to minimise the fall out.
I repeated same steps on my lower lid.
When I was done with eye shadows I lined my eyes using gel eyeliner.
I extended my wings pretty far towards my eyebrows to optically elongate my eyes. I draw the sharp point in my inner corners and I applied the same gel liner in my waterline but only in the very inner corners of my eyes. Then I applied bit of gel eyeliner onto outer corners of my lower lids.
I finished off my eyes with mascara.
After I cleaned all fall outs I applied foundation and I set it with powder. Then I contoured my cheekbones lightly and defined my eyebrows using black brow pencil.
As a last step I applied my lipstick. I chose for different one this time then my usual Maybelline's super stay 24h (which I regretted afterwards). The one I am wearing here is Maybelline's 16h lipstick in Absolute Plum. Lovely shade though but I am not very comfortable with creamy texture. I am used to dry-textured liquid lipsticks so this wasn't really working for me. But I love the color of it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment