Friday, September 18, 2015

Metallic browns using Sleek Storm Palette



This is another from my signature looks - bit over dramatic smokey eyes with bold eyeliner combined with dark lips and pale skin. For me this is a daytime look but I get that not everybody is a rockchick/metalhead \m/. Anyway, this look can be toned down a bit, with neutral lips, not so over the top eyeliner and more natural lighter looking brows. This is how I created the look:
First I started with priming my lids. I used Maybelline's color tattoo shimmery bronze-brown creamy eyeshadow as  a base. Then I highlighted under my browbone with matte white eyeshadow (Inglot 373) and applied my transition color from my Sleek Storm Palette which is medium warm beige. Then I darkened the crease with chocolate matte color and blended it very well. Then I applied the shimmery chocolate brown eyeshadow all over my lids and also pass the crease in the outer corners. I made the outer corners slightly darker than my lids. I darkened the outer-v area with matte black shadow. I blended the edges very well to get smooth transmission of colors. I applied the shimmery brown shadow to my lower lids as well. I darkened the outer edges with black as well. As a last step I applied golden shimmery color in my inner corners and that was it for eyeshadow.
I primed my face with Gosh's Velvet touch primer which I find absolutely amazing. I didn't use any foundation today but MAC's Pro Longwear concealer in NC15 instead. I contoured lightly under my cheekbones using my concealer palette. I set everything with my lose translucent powder from Mary Kay. I contoured my cheekbones again with medium brown eyeshadow to make the contouring more visible. I used Inglot's 342 eyeshadow.
Afterwards I applied my gel eyeliner (from Rimmel) on my top lashline and I extended it towards ends of my brows. I applied matte black eyeshadow on top of my eyeliner to make it darker and get rid of the shine. Then I applied mascara. I used L'Oréal's Million Lashes So Couture first and Rimmel's Scandal Eyes afterwards. Then I defined my eyebrows slightly using the same black eyeshadow from Sleek's Storm palette and bit of a clear brow gel.
For my lips I used Maybelline's Super Stay 16H lipstick in shade Chestnut.

No comments:

Post a Comment