Monday, February 15, 2016

Pinks & Purples using Sleek Vintage Romance palette

I really like non-standard lip colors lately so I decided to create the look when my lips would match my eyeshadows. I think it's pretty obvious that my favourite color is purple - and it is very convenient because purple is the color you should wear when you have green eyes (which I have). How I achieved this look?
I first started with my base. I chose to use a purple gel eyeliner simply because it's very creamy and it will make my eyeshadows more purple. The base decides how your eyeshadows are going to look - if you use neutral, your eyeshadow won't change it's color but if you use black or gray it will make your eyeshadow look cooled-toned and darker. I chose purple one because I was going to use more pink eyeshadows and I wanted them to appear more purple.
Then I started to apply my main color (1) all over my lids up the crease and I blended it with slightly darker one in the crease (2). I didn't go too high though. I highlighted my browbone with a white matte eyeshadow and I also blended the purple a bit to create more smooth transition. I applied the same color on my lower lids as well. Then I lined my top lashline with a liquid eyeliner and I used black eyepencil on bottom lids - all the way from inner to the outer corners. After I cleaned all fallouts I moved on to my face - and my standard foundation routine. First primer, then the lightest foundation I own mixed with MAC Pro longwear concealer in NC15 and set it all with white loose powder. I always contour my cheekbones slightly. I defined my eye brows with a black matte eyeshadow.
For the lips I used matte long lasting lipgloss and when it dried I darkened the inner corners with black eyepencil. Pretty simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment