Monday, March 30, 2015

Lilac pastel goth

This look was deffinitely challenge for me. I am not that familiar with this new Pastel goth trend which is becoming more and more popular although I find it absolutely awesome. And of course, I am all in for trying something new. I haven't find any decent pictures or very clear definitons of how pastel goth look should look like exactly, so I had to improvise. Pastel goth is basically mixture of classic black goth items (boots, some clothing items, accesory's)  mixed with pastel colours (pastel colored hair, skirts, leggings etc.). It is not as "vampy" as classical gothic style but it's really youthful and fun but still dark.
Anyway, this is my version of pastel goth make up. I started with white base all over my eyelid, and I used matt shadows only. First I applied white shadow into inner corners and to 2/3rds of my lids, then I applied beige and light brown into my crease as transition color, then I applied light purple onto my lids covering the white shadow a bit. Then I darkened the outer corners with deep purple and black and I winged it out quite far. I blended the edges with white shadow to get rid of any harsh lines.
For the bottom lids I first applied lavender blue kohl eye pencil and I put the same light purple on top of it. Then I applied gel eyeliner along the top lash line and winged it out, into waterline as well and also bit onto lower lash line. I made very "sharp" edges with liner in my inner corners to make it look more "gothic". I applied matt black eye shadow on top of gel eyeliner to get rid of the shine and also to keep it in place. I smudged the eyeliner with black shadow along my waterline as well to give it more depth. Then I applied light purple shadow right under the black shadow to make my eyes appear bigger. I finished off the eyes with plenty of mascara on top and bottom lashes.


After I cleaned out any fall outs, I applied primer all over my face and Mac pro longwear concealer under my eyes and all over my face as well. I love to use that concealer instead of the foundation because it gives so high coverage that I need only very thin layer. I set it with loose powder. Then I contoured my cheekbones a bit.
Then I did the fun part - lips. I filled them in with black gel eyeliner and I outlined them  a bit very carefully with very thin eyeliner brush. It is quite difficult to do because with black you can see every single mistake so all lines have to be perfect. When gel liner was dried I applied light lilac lipstick in the centre and I blended it with black liner a bit to achieve ombre effect.
As last step I filled in my brows with black gel eyeliner as well. Pastel goth girls have usually very light coloured hair (either pastel or white) but they still have very strong bold black brows. I didn't want to make my brows so extreme so I tried to keep it bit more natural.

No comments:

Post a Comment