Thursday, October 9, 2014

Maybelline Super Stay 24 hour Color Lipsticks

 I have already mentioned these lipsticks in one of my previous reviews so I am not going to write it all over again. As I said before, these lipsticks are same kind as L'Oréal's Infallible and Max Factor's Lipfinity. The whole point is that these lipstick are not smudging, staining nor moving and once you apply them they WILL stay on until you remove it. The formula is fluid, application is similar to lip gloss and it dries on lips into matt finish. Down side is that it doesn't feel nice on lips when you try it first time - it is very very dry - but after some time you can get used to it. However, there is a balm on the other side of the lipstick which you should apply once the lipstick is totally dry. That makes it bit better. Also, taste of that balm is not one of my favourite.
Though after you try these kind of lipsticks you will see how nicely they stay on and you will never go back to common lipsticks any more..at least I didn't.
Another advantage of these lipsticks is that they are very pigmented and you can also layer them to achieve higher intensity. Mostly one layer is enough to cover up your natural lip color but if you wish to have darker or more intense color you can easily apply 2 layers.
I first start with filling my lips with surface of the applicator, then I outline them with very tip of the applicator. I wait till it's all dry and then I apply one more coat all over the lips. With darker and more intense colors I also use very precise small lip brush, I dip it into lipstick and I go over the edges of my lips to create very fine precise outline. Remember, more dark and intense color you are using, more precise you have to be because it will show. I also usually go bit over the natural line of my lips to make them appear bigger and fuller (which looks always better with using dark colors).
On the pictures below you will see my collection of Maybelline Super Stay 24 Lipsticks with numbers and colors - which are available in European market. Shades and numbers are different for US.
Maybelline Superstay 24 hour Color 585 Burgundy

Maybelline Superstay 24 hour Color 260 Wildberry

Maybelline Superstay 24 hour Color 510 Red Passion
Maybelline Superstay 24 hour Color 240 Plum Seduction

Maybelline Superstay 24 hour Color 615 Soft Taupe
Maybelline Superstay 24 hour Color 340 Absolute Plum





























1 comment:

  1. Hi, thank you for this nice blog! Since Maybelline Superstay 24 hour Color 615 Soft Taupe is discontinued, do you have any good idea, which current “lipstick” matches this color the most? Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete