Friday, October 24, 2014

Fall plum/aubergine reverse smokey eyes feat. Sleek Vintage Romance eyeshadow palette




Fall is here and autumn trends as well. There would be no autumn without using lots of plum, violet, burgundy and aubergine shades - on lips, on eyes, on cheeks...everywhere.  I absolutely love these colors and I wear them on daily basis - mostly on my lips. I think it just looks amazing in combination with white or light skin. If you have also pale skin and dark hair, it will fit you perfectly for sure.
I thought that I will kind of combine those 2 "hits" of this season - plum eyes and plum lips.
I have used mainly Sleek Vintage Romance eyeshadow Palette which was released in autumn last year and it has mainly golden and plum-pink shades. There is also 1 silver shade which I used into my inner corners, dark gold one I put all over my lid area and I used plum-pink into my outer V's and all along the bottom lash line. That is also reason why is this look called "reverse smokey eyes" - which means that all the accent is on the bottom lid and lash line. The darkest colour (black gel liner) is in the waterline, then there is same plum color as on the outer V and it is blended with dark gold color I applied on the top lid. It is not very difficult to make, the trick is that all the colors have to be blended well and they have to fade out gradually - the transmission between colors have to be seamless.
With this look are both eyes and lips very strong therefore the colors have to match with each other. It doesn't specifically mean that they have to be exactly same colors, but they have to have same undertones (in this case blue) and be on same color scale (in this case cool).
Don't go too crazy on brows because with too defined brows it may look waaaaaaaaaay over done.
Keep them simple. I used dark grey shadow and clear brow gel for more natural look.
I applied quite generous amount of mascara, you can even put on false lashes - it would look even better and more glamorous.
Make sure that you skin looks as good as possible - conceal all blemishes, discolorations, dark circles, pigment spots, etc. Don't put on too much foundation thought, the skin has to look natural. I used the thinnest layer of full coverage foundation mixed with concealer. I always apply foundation just with my fingers, never with brush because with fingers I can control the amount better. With the brush I always apply more than I want to.
I did very light contouring and very very light blush because I wanted the lip color to stand out the most.



Products used:

Face:
GOSH Velvet touch foundation primer
Vichy Dermablend Fluid Corrective Foundation 16HR 25 Nude
MAC Pro Longwear Concealer NC 20
Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder (loose)
Sleek Face Form Contouring and blush palette 373 Light
Sleek Pomegranate 923

Eyes:
GOSH waterproof eye shadow stick “Love that Gold!”
Sleek Vintage Romance 
Sleek Ultra Matts v2
L’Oréal Gel Intenza Eyeliner 01 Pure Black
L’Oréal Volume Million Lashes So Couture mascara

Brows:
Rimmel mono matt eyeshadow dark grey/black
Catrice clear brow gel

Lips:
Maybelline Super Stay 
24 Color 240 Plum Seduction

No comments:

Post a Comment