Friday, October 9, 2015

Black & Magenta using Sleek Acid Palette

I've started as always with priming my lids. I've used MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre in my crease and brow bone and L’Oréal Color Riche LeKajal in 501 Black on my top and bottom lid. 
Then I applied the white matte eyeshadow from Sleek's Acid palette under my brows. Afterwards I applied my transition shade -  Revlon Colorstay in shade 05 Hazelnut. I blended it together with the white shadow I applied earlier. I applied several layers of this Hazelnut shadow to achieve density I wanted. This step is very important with using dark or cool toned eye shadows such as black or grey because it avoids the dark (or cool toned eye shadows) appear blue-ish. Also with using very dark colors it creates barrier for dark shades so they don't go too high and avoids the "black-eye effect". Plus it makes blending dark colors much easier. You need to use matte brown color with warm undertone which is slightly darker than your skin color but also not too dark. Then I applied matte black eyeshadow to my crease and I blended it with the black base I applied earlier and I applied it in my outer V's as well. I used Rimmel Glam eyes in shade 214 Jet Black. I blended my lower lash line using the same black eyeshadow. Then I applied the fuchsia pink matte eyeshadow from Sleek Acid palette on my lids - top and bottom. I used flat stiff brush and patting motion. I kept on re-applying till I was satisfied with the intensity. Because of the black base the fuchsia color turned more purple so it became beautiful magenta color. To add a bit more shimmer I applied MAC pigment in  shade Nocturnal on my top lids. Then I lined my top lash line using Rimmel's gel eyeliner in shade Black. I lined my waterline with black eye pencil from Essence.


Then I moved on to the face. I started with priming my T-zone area with Smashbox Photo finish foundation primer. Afterwards I applied my Mary Kay TimeWise luminous-wear liquid foundation in shade 4 Ivory. I used L’Oréal True Match Touche Magique Concealer pen under my eyes. I also contoured under my cheekbones using my beauty88.nl concealer palette and the darkest shade. I set everything with Mary Kay loose translucent powder. 
Then I defined my eyebrows using Maybelline Color Tattoo 24H cream in shade 60 Timeless Black and angled brush. I brushed them through with clear brow gel. I finished off my eyes with the mascara - Max Factor Clump Defy first and Rimmel Scandal eyes second.
I first lined my lips using black eye pencil from essence and I filled them in afterwards (using the same pencil). Then I applied the same fuchsia eyeshadow I used for my eyes in the centre of my lips. 


No comments:

Post a Comment