Tuesday, November 11, 2014

50's pin up: Neutral eye liner

I have already posted some pin-up/vintage looks. This one is specifically 50's look. Only with bit of a modern twist. What makes it 50's ? All over matt first of all. I only used matt eye shadows, no highlighters, no shimmer what so ever. Second thing is medium thick eye liner. In 50's was the eyeliner not so crazy yet, it was applied only to top lash line and extended a bit. The brows used to be much thicker than at 40's, and quite defined, but still bit further from each other, higher and more arched then I made them for this look. And the lips - all time classic - bright red.

I started with my eyes. I applied base (Paint pot Soft Ochre), then I applied light beige eyeshadow all over the lid and bit darker beige eye shadow into crease. Then I applied bit of a dark brown eyeshadow into outer V to get a little bit more definition there. I blended that all together for smooth transmission. I applied same eye shadows on my lower lid as well. If you have big or round eyes, you can skip this step.Then I applied white eye pencil into inner corners and into waterline. I smudged it with my fingers a bit (at the inner corners) and I applied matt white eyeshadow on top of it. Then I moved on to liner. I didn't make it very thick all over the lash line, I was concentrating mostly at outer part and elongated flick at the end. I tried to make it as sharp and bold as possible. Then I highlighted my brow bone with matt white eyeshadow to make my brows more defined. Then I moved on to my face, I applied primer, concealer under the eyes and foundation. I set everything with loose powder and I did bit of a contouring under my cheekbones. I didn't apply any blush. Then I filled in my brows with dipbrow pomade and I applied 3 coats of mascara on my lashes (top and bottom). I finished off with bright red lipstick.


Products used:
Eyes:
MAC Paint pot Soft Ochre
Beauty UK eye shadow Palette no.7 Naked
Sleek Ultra Matts v2 palette
L’Oréal Gel Intenza Eyeliner 01 Pure Black
Catrice Kohl Kajal 040 White
Max Factor Fusion False lash effect volume & length
L’Oréal Volume Million Lashes So Couture mascara

Brows:
Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade Chocolate

Face:
GOSH Velvet touch foundation primer
MAC Pro Longwear Concealer NC 20
Max Factor Lasting Performance 105 Soft Beige
Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder (loose)
Sleek Face Form Contouring and blush palette 373 Light

Lips:
Maybelline Super Stay 24 Color 510 Red Passion

No comments:

Post a Comment