Wednesday, April 6, 2016

My current go to look: Black smokey eyes & black lips

This is a quite simple look and it takes me pretty short amount of time and products to create it. I also feel like I look like myself the most with this make up style.
How I achieved it?
First I started with a creamy grey eyeshadow as a base (using Maybelline's color tattoo eyeshadow in shade 55 Immortal Charcoal). I applied it all over my eyelids with my finger. I smudged the outer edges  where I wanted the color to be the lightest. Next I highlighted under my brows using a white matte eyeshadow (Inglot freedom system 373). Next I applied a light beige eyeshadow below the white one and a medium brown eyeshadow on top of it (Inglot freedom system matte 390 & 342). This created a transition between light and dark colors and also a perfect base for blending black eyeshadow. Next I applied black matte eyeshadow on my lids (top and bottom) and I blended it above my crease. I used Rimmel's 214 Jet Black. I usually blend a bit higher because I have hooded eyes and I want the dark eyeshadow to be visible with my eyes open as well. I blend under my bottom lashline also pretty far to achieve more "goth" look. It also makes my eyes to appear bigger.
Next I lined my inner corners, my top lashline and an outer bit of my bottom lashline with black eyepencil from Essence. I chose eyepencil over liquid (or gel) eyeliner because I was going for more smudged and less precise line. I set the pencil with the black matte eyeshadow to prevent moving, creasing and to make it last longer.
I primed my face using Revlon's photoready perfecting primer.
Then I applied my foundation -
Mary Kay luminous-wear foundation in shade 4 Ivory. Next I highlighted my under eye area, the top of my cheekbones, my jaws and chin with light yellow concealer from my Beauty88 concealer palette. I set it all with loose white powder from Grimase. Next I drew on my eyebrows using black gel eyeliner from Rimmel.
I applied 2 coats of mascara on my top and bottom lashes (Me Now Generation II Lash power Extension Visible Mascara).
For my lips I applied my favourite liquid lipstick Venom from LA Splash cosmetics.


No comments:

Post a Comment