Thursday, February 12, 2015

Black&plum gothic

This is one of my all time favorite looks but it is so extreme that I actually never wear it. Still I decided it to include it into this blog for something more different than looks I usually post here.
The absolute beauty of the look is contrast between extremely dark eyes and lips and very pale skin. The eye look is nothing difficult - pretty much very black smokey eyes. Normally with smokey eyes the transition color (crease color) is either light brown or beige or something very neutral. I used matt dark plum color to make it look more interesting. I used the same colors onto my lower lid as well and I went pretty far down in order to make my eyes appear bigger. I lined my eyes with gel liner (top, bottom, waterline) and applied crazy amount of mascara. You may also use false lashes. After I cleaned up all fall outs (especially in my under eye area) I applied concealer under my eyes which is very important step to set the border between dark eyes and pale face. If you skip this step you might end up looking like panda bear:-)
I applied the lightest foundation I have all over my face, set with loose powder and did very little contouring on my cheekbones. I didn't highlight nor applied any blush. I finished off with lips. First I applied Maybelline's Colorstay 24H lipstick in shade Burgundy and after it dried I lined corners of my lips with black gel liner. I tried to be very precise. Then I blended the edges in the corners to achieve the nice "ombre" effect.


No comments:

Post a Comment