Sunday, September 7, 2014

50's pin-up

 I absolutely adore 50's pin-up looks because they are so simple looking. They are pretty much only three things going on - brows, bold eyeliner with false lashes and red lips, everything else is tuned down.

With this look I have started with face primer from Gosh and my all time favourite foundation from Vichy Dermablend in shade 25 Nude because it has so light formula and very heavy coverage (which is something I require) so I don't have to apply much of it. I did light contouring with medium taupe brown eyeshadow.
For the eyes I have started with base for which I used Maybelline Super Stay concealer in shade 2, then I apply white Sleek eyeshadow (using Matt v2 palette), then I applied light beige and darker beige mixed with brown into crease (from same palette). I mainly concentrated onto eyeliner - I used L'Oréal gel liner with black matt shadow on top of it to avoid shine and also protect from creasing. Then I applied thin layer of mascara and I used false half lashes only for outer parts. In my opinion half lashes look more natural and not so obvious than full lashes. After lash glue dried I apply bit more liner on top of it just to hide it (very important step if you use false lashes). Than I applied white pencil into waterline and mascara on bottom lashes.
For lips I have used Maybelline Super Stay 24H, my absolutely favourite lipstick so far in shade 510 Red Passion and I went bit over the line (on op lip), just to see how would it look like because my model has top lip bit smaller than bottom one. And, as I have mentioned in my earlier posts, when using bright or dark lipsticks it is mostly very convenient to extend it slightly more over the line as you might usually do with nude lip colours because they optically make lips look smaller.
I finished off with brows, I used as always my Anastasia Dipbrow pomade in shade Chocolate, which fits the most of my models (as long as they are brunettes). I tried to keep the natural shape of my model's brows but still I tried to make it more 50's looking - which is neat and bold and quite arched, so I came up with kind of a compromise. I used clear brow gel to make it more natural afterwards.


1 comment:

  1. Nice work! That looks stunning! Really beautiful! I liked the curly hair but this straighten hair is also beautiful! Make up looks really good! You both can be verry proud of yourself! Keep the good work up!

    xxx Randyy

    ReplyDelete